|Place of Peace and Holiness|
Mary, Crowned with Living Light was written by the Benedictine Nuns of the Abbey of Our Lady of Consolation, more commonly known as Stanbrook Abbey. They played an active role in the revision of the Office during the 1970's, and in particular the Hymnal Supplement for the Liturgy of the Hours which included many selections from the Stanbrook Abbey Hymnal, edited by Dame Hildelith Cumming, OSB (1909-1991). Mary, Crowned with Living Light is set to the tune Glorification from Gossner's Choralbuch, Leipzig, 1832. In the following video, an alternative tune is used. It is sung by the Cistercian Nuns of St. Mary's Abbey, Glencairn, Ire. In the Liturgy of the Hours it is used in the Commons of the Blessed Virgin Mary and on the Feast of the Assumption.