October 27, 2012

When in His Own Image

Let us turn to Jesus.

When in His Own Image was written in 1972 by Congregationalist, Fred Kaan (1929-2009). It is set to the tune, King's Weston written by Ralph Vaughan Williams in 1926. It was named after Kings Weston House near Bristol, England where in 1920 he completed his famous orchestral score of The Lark Ascending. In the Liturgy of the Hours When in His Own Image, God Created Man is used during Ordinary Time for Evening Prayer.


Tune: Kings Weston

3 comments:

  1. I am learning to pray the Liturgy of the Hours and have just discovered this beautiful site. I was thinking of skipping the hymns when I didn't know them, but with the help of your site I can sing them now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! - Thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there any alternative musical settings for this song? I find the music of this piece to be somewhat at odds with the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, but they won't be published immediately. I moderate them first, just to weed out spam etc.

- Thanks